MEPs debate plans for greener farming policy
© Copyright Haymarket Media Group Ltd. Please respect our terms and conditions and do not redistribute by email or post on the web. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to buy additional rights.
Best of the web
More news, picked by ENDS Europe
- All countries' international CO2 credit rules set to be finalised EC
- Cyprus seeks EU aid amid record drought Famagusta Gazette
- LNG to play increasing role in US rail freight EIA.gov
- Arctic ozone hole has stayed small - study Phys.org
- Ireland-UK wind power export plan scrapped - Irish minister Statement
- Industry slams EC move against UK nuclear subsidy plan Foratom
- Three new EU-backed conservation projects for Slovenia Ministry
- UK, Norway, France and Denmark plan climate finance lab Bloomberg
- Baltic meeting discusses noise and marine litter Helcom
- UK air pollution linked to 28,000 deaths BBC
- Romania needs €10.6bn for water and sewage connections ACTmedia
- Czech firm scraps nuclear expansion plan Phys.org
- Chinese coal cuts could bring forward CO2 peak - NGO Bloomberg
EU climate and energy proposals, 22 January
The European Commission has set out proposals on post-2020 climate and energy policy, including for a 40% decarbonisation target for 2030.
To the disappointment of the renewables sector, it proposed doing away with binding national targets for clean energy. An alternative governance system will be developed “in dialogue with member states”, José Manuel Barroso said.
Shale gas recommendations are "a good demonstration of the role the EU should play, setting cross-border rules for environment and safety, but not meddling in the basic energy mix chosen by member states,” he added.
The Commission also tabled legislation to permanently fix the supply-demand imbalance in the European carbon market.
- Penguin Recruitment Ltd: Senior Ecologist - Cambridge - £28,000 - £32,000 £26000 - £32000 per annum
- Penguin Recruitment Ltd: Sustainability Consultant - Bracknell £23000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits
- Experis Engineering: Bid Manager Competitive