MEPs debate plans for greener farming policy
© Copyright Haymarket Media Group Ltd. Please respect our terms and conditions and do not redistribute by email or post on the web. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to buy additional rights.
Best of the web
More news, picked by ENDS Europe
- Finland's packaging deposit scheme 'working well' Statement (translated)
- Danish budget allocates more money to climate Statement (translated)
- No health impact from microplastics - German study BFR (translated)
- Sweden calculates food discarded down drains Statement (translated)
- Dutch grid can take 15GW more solar - report Statement (translated)
- Australia 'can reach 5% CO2 cut Kyoto goal' - analysts Reputex
- Switzerland to cut CO2 from waste-to-energy Statement (translation)
- Beijing to bring public transport into emissions trading scheme Reuters
- Ozone depleter found in atmosphere long after ban Science Daily
- Planet's annual budget goes into overdraft Global Footprint Network
- UK watchdog bans 'clean coal' advertisement Irish Times
- UK wind generation at record high RenewableUK
- EU dispute with Faroe Islands over unsustainable fishing ends EC
- July 2014 was fourth hottest on record NOAA
Related Environmental Services
Water Filtration for home & business, compact water softeners, electro-chemical...
2030 energy efficiency target
EU energy commissioner Günther Oettinger presented the executive’s proposal of a 30% energy saving target for 2030 on 24 July.
Mr Oettinger believes there is a good chance the European Council will back the goal in October, along with CO2 reduction and renewables targets.
Member states must also decide whether the target should be legally binding as the Commission document is silent on this issue.
- Chm: Operations Manager (Productions Operations) – Waste Management Competitive Salary
- Penguin Recruitment Ltd: Senior Geotechnical Engineer £27000 - £32000 per annum
- Penguin Recruitment Ltd: Geoenvironmental Engineer £22000 - £26000 per annum