Stick to existing water policy, say stakeholders
© Copyright Haymarket Media Group Ltd. Please respect our terms and conditions and do not redistribute by email or post on the web. Email email@example.com to buy additional rights.
Best of the web
More news, picked by ENDS Europe
- Brussels closes three CCS infringement cases EC
- China plans water rights trading pilot schemes Reuters
- China tightens rules for coal-to-gas projects Shanghai Daily
- UN climate meeting with NGOs planned for November IISD
- Wind now Denmark's cheapest energy source Statement (translated)
- Netherlands sets water standards for three drugs Press release
- Council formally adopts GM position Press release
- Commission approves German renewables law Statement
- China plans electric vehicle infrastructure improvements Xinhua
- Study highlights damaging effect of beef production BBC
- UK retains 2025 carbon target Bloomberg
- India doubles tax on coal to fund green projects Clean Technica
2030 energy efficiency target
EU energy commissioner Günther Oettinger presented the executive’s proposal of a 30% energy saving target for 2030 on 24 July.
Mr Oettinger believes there is a good chance the European Council will back the goal in October, along with CO2 reduction and renewables targets.
Member states must also decide whether the target should be legally binding as the Commission document is silent on this issue.
- Penguin Recruitment Ltd: SAP Assessor - Bristol £20000 - £26000 per annum + Benefits
- Penguin Recruitment Ltd: Geoenvironmental Engineer £22000 - £26000 per annum
- Penguin Recruitment Ltd: Principal Geotechnical Engineer - Manchester £45000 - £55000 per annum