Stick to existing water policy, say stakeholders
© Copyright Haymarket Media Group Ltd. Please respect our terms and conditions and do not redistribute by email or post on the web. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to buy additional rights.
Best of the web
More news, picked by ENDS Europe
- China tightens rules for coal-to-gas projects Shanghai Daily
- UN climate meeting with NGOs planned for November IISD
- Wind now Denmark's cheapest energy source Statement (translated)
- Netherlands sets water standards for three drugs Press release
- Council formally adopts GM position Press release
- Commission approves German renewables law Statement
- China plans electric vehicle infrastructure improvements Xinhua
- Study highlights damaging effect of beef production BBC
- UK retains 2025 carbon target Bloomberg
- India doubles tax on coal to fund green projects Clean Technica
- New Peru Law weakens environmental safeguards AP
- Shale gas in northern England 'could give region £10bn boost' Peel
- Spain creates 39 marine protection areas Press release (translated)
- Gemany, Italy, China and France top energy efficiency ranking ACEEE
2030 energy efficiency target
EU energy commissioner Günther Oettinger presented the executive’s proposal of a 30% energy saving target for 2030 on 24 July.
Mr Oettinger believes there is a good chance the European Council will back the goal in October, along with CO2 reduction and renewables targets.
Member states must also decide whether the target should be legally binding as the Commission document is silent on this issue.
- Erm (Environmental Resources Management): Contaminated Land Consultant, Manchester Oxford and Bristol Competitive salaries and excellent benefits
- Evergreen Resources: EIA Consultant £Negotiable
- Fusion People.: Geotechnical Engineer £23000 - £30000 per annum + benefit