Chemicals<< Earlier chemicals articles << Earlier chemicals articles
Best of the web
More chemicals news, picked by ENDS Europe
- New paraben limits are too weak, say Danes Ministry (translated)
- NGOs criticise European use of vulture-killing drug Birdwatch
- Updated rules on chemical imports and exports enter force ECHA
- Dutch agency to help develop 'safe' nanomaterials RIVM
- Sweden launches BPA investigation Ministry (translated)
- Belgian ministers approve nano register launch Statement (translated)
- Consultation on alternatives to REACH annex XIV substances ECHA
- Study claims BPA drives up health costs Huffington Post
- NGOs welcome WHO support for mercury convention Press release
- Swedish textile inspections find SVHCs Kemi (translated)
EU climate and energy proposals, 22 January
The European Commission has set out proposals on post-2020 climate and energy policy, including for a 40% decarbonisation target for 2030.
To the disappointment of the renewables sector, it proposed doing away with binding national targets for clean energy. An alternative governance system will be developed “in dialogue with member states”, José Manuel Barroso said.
Shale gas recommendations are "a good demonstration of the role the EU should play, setting cross-border rules for environment and safety, but not meddling in the basic energy mix chosen by member states,” he added.
The Commission also tabled legislation to permanently fix the supply-demand imbalance in the European carbon market.
- Mattinson Partnership: Principal Ecologist £35000 - £45000 per annum + comprehensive benefits package
- Mattinson Partnership: Ecologist £23000 - £29000 per annum + comprehensive benefits package
- Spier Consulting Ltd: Business Development Manager - Energy + Petro Chemicals. 70000.00 - 80000.00 GBP Annual