Chemicals<< Earlier chemicals articles << Earlier chemicals articles
Best of the web
More chemicals news, picked by ENDS Europe
- No health impact from microplastics - German study BFR (translated)
- Consultation on chromium VI in toys SCHER committee
- Netherlands sets water standards for three drugs Press release
- EFSA consults on soil pesticide guidance EFSA
- Waterproofing chemicals worry German agency UBA (translated)
- Sweden updates pesticides rules Statement (translated)
- Toy firms need better chemical knowledge - Danes Statement (translated)
- VW opts for controversial car refrigerant Handelsblatt (translation)
- Call for evidence on restriction of lamp and lighter fuels ECHA
- Norway makes concession on PFOA ban Statement (translated)
2030 energy efficiency target
EU energy commissioner Günther Oettinger presented the executive’s proposal of a 30% energy saving target for 2030 on 24 July.
Mr Oettinger believes there is a good chance the European Council will back the goal in October, along with CO2 reduction and renewables targets.
Member states must also decide whether the target should be legally binding as the Commission document is silent on this issue.
- Peritus Green: Geo-Environmental Engineer - Manchester £19,000 - £24,000
- Peritus Green: Environmental Consultant - South East £22,000 - £27,000
- Peritus Green: Senior Air Quality Consultant - Manchester £27,000 - £37,000