Chemicals<< Earlier chemicals articles << Earlier chemicals articles
Best of the web
More chemicals news, picked by ENDS Europe
- Netherlands sets water standards for three drugs Press release
- EFSA consults on soil pesticide guidance EFSA
- Waterproofing chemicals worry German agency UBA (translated)
- Sweden updates pesticides rules Statement (translated)
- Toy firms need better chemical knowledge - Danes Statement (translated)
- VW opts for controversial car refrigerant Handelsblatt (translation)
- Call for evidence on restriction of lamp and lighter fuels ECHA
- Norway makes concession on PFOA ban Statement (translated)
- NGO questions EFSA's position on pesticide residues PAN Europe
- Consultation on use of calcium cyanamide as a fertiliser SCHER
- Denmark tries to spur on chemical substitution Statement (translated)
2030 energy efficiency target
EU energy commissioner Günther Oettinger presented the executive’s proposal of a 30% energy saving target for 2030 on 24 July.
Mr Oettinger believes there is a good chance the European Council will back the goal in October, along with CO2 reduction and renewables targets.
Member states must also decide whether the target should be legally binding as the Commission document is silent on this issue.
- Penguin Recruitment Ltd: Environmental Monitoring Technician - Cambridge £16000 - £20000 per annum
- Urs Infrastructure & Environment Uk Limited: Project Manager Competitive
- Urs Infrastructure & Environment Uk Limited: Environmental Consultant Competitive