Latest Climate News
Ship emission figures show effects of slow sailing13 Aug 2014 Global greenhouse gas emissions dropped by 13% between 2007 and 2012 as a result of the economic crisis, an IMO report shows
Emerging economies set out key climate demands13 Aug 2014 Rich nations to set out climate finance plans and take on economy-wide emission reduction targets, BASIC countries meeting in India have said
Bring forward fuel CO2 rules, Sweden tells EC23 Jul 2014 The European Commission is urged to finalise implementation rules for the Fuel Quality Directive before a climate summit in New York in September
Slow progress towards lorry emission controls30 Apr 2014 The upcoming strategy to cut CO2 from HDVs is unlikely to recommend much more than emissions monitoring and reporting, finds Roz Bulleid
Europe should set an EPS for power plants13 Jun 2013 Stephen Tindale of the Centre for European Reform argues setting an EU emissions standard for these plants would make climate policies more effective
Backloading vote: an analyst’s view16 Apr 2013 MEPs' decision to block the EU executive’s proposal to ‘backload’ carbon allowance sales leaves the ETS in a precarious position, says analyst Matteo Mazzoni
Best of the web
More climate news, picked by ENDS Europe
- UK watchdog bans 'clean coal' advertisement Irish Times
- UN establishes high-level group on sustainable transport UN
- Climate adaptation needed for development in Africa - UN UNEP
- Keystone's climate impact much greater than US govt estimates SEI
- China, Brazil seek publicity blitz to steer climate talks Bloomberg
- Aviation CO2 allowance auctions planned for September EC
- Climate change threatening German water supplies - report Reuters
- Shangai ETS firms cut emissions 3.5% in two years Business Spectator
2030 energy efficiency target
EU energy commissioner Günther Oettinger presented the executive’s proposal of a 30% energy saving target for 2030 on 24 July.
Mr Oettinger believes there is a good chance the European Council will back the goal in October, along with CO2 reduction and renewables targets.
Member states must also decide whether the target should be legally binding as the Commission document is silent on this issue.
- Mattinson Partnership: Intermediate + Senior Energy Efficiency Consultant £30000 - £45000 per annum + benefits + bonus
- Mattinson Partnership: Senior / Principal Sustainability Consultant Competitive salary + benefits
- Mattinson Partnership: Energy Engineer Competitive