Climate<< Earlier climate articles << Earlier climate articles
Best of the web
More climate news, picked by ENDS Europe
- Shangai ETS firms cut emissions 3.5% in two years Business Spectator
- China plans electric vehicle infrastructure improvements Xinhua
- UK retains 2025 carbon target Bloomberg
- Australia's long-term rainfall decline caused by climate change NOAA
- Price falls in largest Chinese CO2 market on compliance day Reuters
- Mary Robinson appointed UN special envoy for climate change UN
- UK must strengthen climate policies to reach CO2 goals - advisor CCC
- Australian senate delays final CO2 tax repeal vote ABC
- Switzerland threatens carbon tax hike Reuters
- Australian lower house votes to scrap CO2 tax Huffington Post
- Carbon leakage list update agreed DG Climate
- May 2014 hottest May on record National Climate Data Centre
- India plans to become more active in climate talks Times of India
2030 energy efficiency target
EU energy commissioner Günther Oettinger presented the executive’s proposal of a 30% energy saving target for 2030 on 24 July.
Mr Oettinger believes there is a good chance the European Council will back the goal in October, along with CO2 reduction and renewables targets.
Member states must also decide whether the target should be legally binding as the Commission document is silent on this issue.
- Penguin Recruitment Ltd: Building Surveyor - London £25000 - £32000 per annum + bonus, negotiable
- Penguin Recruitment Ltd: Senior Energy Consultant - London £40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits
- Penguin Recruitment Ltd: Junior Environmental Noise Engineer - Sheffield £17000 - £21000 per annum