Climate<< Earlier climate articles << Earlier climate articles
Best of the web
More climate news, picked by ENDS Europe
- UK watchdog bans 'clean coal' advertisement Irish Times
- UN establishes high-level group on sustainable transport UN
- Climate adaptation needed for development in Africa - UN UNEP
- Keystone's climate impact much greater than US govt estimates SEI
- China, Brazil seek publicity blitz to steer climate talks Bloomberg
- Aviation CO2 allowance auctions planned for September EC
- Climate change threatening German water supplies - report Reuters
- Shangai ETS firms cut emissions 3.5% in two years Business Spectator
- China plans electric vehicle infrastructure improvements Xinhua
- UK retains 2025 carbon target Bloomberg
2030 energy efficiency target
EU energy commissioner Günther Oettinger presented the executive’s proposal of a 30% energy saving target for 2030 on 24 July.
Mr Oettinger believes there is a good chance the European Council will back the goal in October, along with CO2 reduction and renewables targets.
Member states must also decide whether the target should be legally binding as the Commission document is silent on this issue.
- Mattinson Partnership: Intermediate + Senior Energy Efficiency Consultant £30000 - £45000 per annum + benefits + bonus
- Mattinson Partnership: Senior / Principal Sustainability Consultant Competitive salary + benefits
- Mattinson Partnership: Energy Engineer Competitive