Latest General Policy News
Portuguese government advisors set out green tax plan16 Sep 2014 Portuguese government advisors have proposed 59 reforms including taxes on plastic bags, airline tickets and landfills, which would raise €197.7m per year
Industry welcomes Juncker's 'better regulation' agenda11 Sep 2014 Industry has welcomed incoming European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker’s plans for less regulation and a strong focus on economic growth and energy security
Environment commissioner to review nature laws10 Sep 2014 European Commission president-elect Jean-Claude Juncker has announced major changes to the Commission’s environment portfolio, including merging it with fisheries
Bailouts’ environmental gains and pains31 Oct 2013 The bailouts of cash-strapped EU countries have sped up water pricing implementation but hit the renewable energy sector hard, finds Valerie Flynn
Joining the environmental liability debate16 Jul 2013 ENDS Europe editor François Le Goff responds to Justice and Environment’s criticism of a recent opinion article on environmental liability
Green public procurement’s growing pains21 Nov 2012 Greening public buying has been on the agenda for many years but progress on the ground has been slow. Roz Bulleid looks at what policymakers are doing to help
Best of the web
More general policy news, picked by ENDS Europe
- MEPs approve four interim commissioners Press release
- Former Danish minister to head UNECE Press release
- 69 MEPs to sit on environment committee European Parliament
- Ljubljana wins EU green capital award European Commission
- UKIP finds enough allies to form EP group The Australian
- Czech ministry revokes airport expansion EIA approval Statement (translation)
2030 energy efficiency target
EU energy commissioner Günther Oettinger presented the executive’s proposal of a 30% energy saving target for 2030 on 24 July.
Mr Oettinger believes there is a good chance the European Council will back the goal in October, along with CO2 reduction and renewables targets.
Member states must also decide whether the target should be legally binding as the Commission document is silent on this issue.
- Natural Power Consultants Ltd: Wind Turbine Service Technician Competitive + Benefits
- Natural Power Consultants Ltd: Wind Turbine Site Lead Service Technician Competitive + Benefits
- Fusion People.: Air Quality Consultant £24000.00 - £33000.00 per annum + benefits