Latest General Policy News
Portugal plans environmental tax reform21 Jul 2014 Proposals that have been put to public consultation until mid-September include the introduction of a tax on air transport and plastic bags
Ministers debate integration of green, labour policies18 Jul 2014 The EU must develop mutually supportive and integrated policies in the environmental and employment fields, a ministerial meeting in Milan has concluded
New urban agenda could help deliver green goals18 Jul 2014 The EU executive is consulting on plans to develop a more coordinated approach to urban areas, including the role they play in tackling environmental issues
Bailouts’ environmental gains and pains31 Oct 2013 The bailouts of cash-strapped EU countries have sped up water pricing implementation but hit the renewable energy sector hard, finds Valerie Flynn
Joining the environmental liability debate16 Jul 2013 ENDS Europe editor François Le Goff responds to Justice and Environment’s criticism of a recent opinion article on environmental liability
Green public procurement’s growing pains21 Nov 2012 Greening public buying has been on the agenda for many years but progress on the ground has been slow. Roz Bulleid looks at what policymakers are doing to help
Best of the web
More general policy news, picked by ENDS Europe
- MEPs approve four interim commissioners Press release
- Former Danish minister to head UNECE Press release
- 69 MEPs to sit on environment committee European Parliament
- Ljubljana wins EU green capital award European Commission
- UKIP finds enough allies to form EP group The Australian
- Czech ministry revokes airport expansion EIA approval Statement (translation)
2030 energy efficiency target
EU energy commissioner Günther Oettinger presented the executive’s proposal of a 30% energy saving target for 2030 on 24 July.
Mr Oettinger believes there is a good chance the European Council will back the goal in October, along with CO2 reduction and renewables targets.
Member states must also decide whether the target should be legally binding as the Commission document is silent on this issue.
- Fusion People.: Senior/Principal Environmental Consultant £34000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + benefits
- Chm: Operations Manager (ERF) – Waste Management Competitive Salary
- Mattinson Partnership: Senior / Associate Contaminated Land Consultant £45000 - £55000 per annum