Latest Markets & Corporate News
Green bonds market set to surge – report17 Jul 2014 The green bonds market is likely to grow by $40bn this year, up from $11bn in 2013, and more than double in 2015, according to a report by HSBC
Analysts eye €40 carbon price after ETS reform26 Jun 2014 Prices could hit €40 per tonne of CO2 before 2030 with the market reforms proposed by the EU executive, analysts predicted at an expert meeting in Brussels
France seeks to boost green public procurement25 Jun 2014 The French environment ministry is consulting on a new action plan that sets a number of objectives and measures for the period 2014-20
Why Britain should go beyond GHG reporting28 Nov 2013 French experience shows wider reporting requirements help linking non-financial assets and risks to companies’ overall strategies, says Coralie Ponsinet
The dangers of not fixing the ETS16 Apr 2013 Anthony Hobley of law firm Norton Rose warns that alternatives to the EU's emissions trading scheme are far less appealing to businesses
Backloading vote: an analyst’s view16 Apr 2013 MEPs' decision to block the EU executive’s proposal to ‘backload’ carbon allowance sales leaves the ETS in a precarious position, says analyst Matteo Mazzoni
Best of the web
More markets & corporate news, picked by ENDS Europe
- Australian lower house votes to scrap CO2 tax Huffington Post
- Carbon leakage list update agreed DG Climate
- Talks on green goods trade deal officially launched Statement
- TTIP leak shows EU efforts to access US oil and gas Washington Post
- Danish clean air exports grow to €1.2bn Statement (translated)
- Beijing firms ignore emissions scheme South China Morning Post
- Dutch bank exits carbon market Bloomberg
Informal Environment Council, 14 May
Environment ministers discussed new climate and energy targets for 2030 at an informal meeting in Athens.
Greek minister Yiannis Maniatis, who chaired the talks, said member states remained divided on the direction EU policy should take.
The press conference also heard from the head of the European Environment Agency, Hans Bruyninckx, who earlier briefed ministers on the importance of environmental protection in the EU's 'Blue Growth' plan.
- Penguin Recruitment Ltd: Associate Energy Consultant - London £45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits
- Penguin Recruitment Ltd: Marketing and Communications Manager - London £35000 - £45000 per annum + negotiable plus benefits
- Evergreen Resources: Chief Executive, Environmental Charity c. £50,000 + excellent benefits