Latest Markets & Corporate News
Final deal reached on corporate reporting rules28 Feb 2014 Member state diplomats have approved a compromise struck with MEPs on new social and environmental reporting rules for companies
MEP offers final deal on corporate reporting24 Feb 2014 The Parliament's rapporteur has warned member states they must take responsibility for the failure of negotiations if they do not accept his latest compromise
Tweaks proposed to joint Scandinavian renewables market14 Feb 2014 Sweden and Norway’s joint green certificate market is working well but needs some adjustment to keep prices high enough, a review has found
Why Britain should go beyond GHG reporting28 Nov 2013 French experience shows wider reporting requirements help linking non-financial assets and risks to companies’ overall strategies, says Coralie Ponsinet
The dangers of not fixing the ETS16 Apr 2013 Anthony Hobley of law firm Norton Rose warns that alternatives to the EU's emissions trading scheme are far less appealing to businesses
Backloading vote: an analyst’s view16 Apr 2013 MEPs' decision to block the EU executive’s proposal to ‘backload’ carbon allowance sales leaves the ETS in a precarious position, says analyst Matteo Mazzoni
Best of the web
More markets & corporate news, picked by ENDS Europe
- Lafarge makes €14m from CO2 sales in 2013 Financial report
- EIB raises €113m for NER300 in January CO2 sales Statement
- China's sixth CO2 market to open in March South China Morning Post
- Maori tribes file €365m lawsuit over New Zealand ETS Reuters
- MEPs call for environmental anti-dumping rules EP
- Low gas price helps US plastic production increase EIA.gov
- CO2 price jumps as MEPs approve backloading fast-track Bloomberg
- Poland details planned free CO2 allocations Statement (translation)
EU climate and energy proposals, 22 January
The European Commission has set out proposals on post-2020 climate and energy policy, including for a 40% decarbonisation target for 2030.
To the disappointment of the renewables sector, it proposed doing away with binding national targets for clean energy. An alternative governance system will be developed “in dialogue with member states”, José Manuel Barroso said.
Shale gas recommendations are "a good demonstration of the role the EU should play, setting cross-border rules for environment and safety, but not meddling in the basic energy mix chosen by member states,” he added.
The Commission also tabled legislation to permanently fix the supply-demand imbalance in the European carbon market.
- Penguin Recruitment Ltd: Senior GIS Consultant - Reading £25000 - £30000 per annum
- Penguin Recruitment Ltd: CAD Technician- Bedford £22000 - £26000 per annum
- Penguin Recruitment Ltd: Sustainability / BREEAM Consultant - London £24000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits