Latest Markets & Corporate News
Green bonds market set to surge – report17 Jul 2014 The green bonds market is likely to grow by $40bn this year, up from $11bn in 2013, and more than double in 2015, according to a report by HSBC
Green SMEs plan focuses on finance, information2 Jul 2014 Small businesses have branded a European Commission plan to improve the resource efficiency of SMEs as “fluffy” and at risk of failure
Analysts eye €40 carbon price after ETS reform26 Jun 2014 Prices could hit €40 per tonne of CO2 before 2030 with the market reforms proposed by the EU executive, analysts predicted at an expert meeting in Brussels
Why Britain should go beyond GHG reporting28 Nov 2013 French experience shows wider reporting requirements help linking non-financial assets and risks to companies’ overall strategies, says Coralie Ponsinet
The dangers of not fixing the ETS16 Apr 2013 Anthony Hobley of law firm Norton Rose warns that alternatives to the EU's emissions trading scheme are far less appealing to businesses
Backloading vote: an analyst’s view16 Apr 2013 MEPs' decision to block the EU executive’s proposal to ‘backload’ carbon allowance sales leaves the ETS in a precarious position, says analyst Matteo Mazzoni
Best of the web
More markets & corporate news, picked by ENDS Europe
- China to roll out national carbon market in 2016 Reuters
- NGO calls for carbon leakage rules to be tightened Carbon Market Watch
- Shangai ETS firms cut emissions 3.5% in two years Business Spectator
- Australian lower house votes to scrap CO2 tax Huffington Post
- Carbon leakage list update agreed DG Climate
- Talks on green goods trade deal officially launched Statement
- TTIP leak shows EU efforts to access US oil and gas Washington Post
- Danish clean air exports grow to €1.2bn Statement (translated)
2030 energy efficiency target
EU energy commissioner Günther Oettinger presented the executive’s proposal of a 30% energy saving target for 2030 on 24 July.
Mr Oettinger believes there is a good chance the European Council will back the goal in October, along with CO2 reduction and renewables targets.
Member states must also decide whether the target should be legally binding as the Commission document is silent on this issue.