Latest Markets & Corporate News
Trade deal to protect governments’ right to regulate - EC28 Mar 2014 The European Commission's consultation on its negotiating position for the EU-US trade deal says investor protection rules should have strict limits
Talks on Swiss-EU ETS link postponed indefinitely26 Mar 2014 The European Commission's decision comes in response to last month’s referendum vote in Switzerland in favour of restricting immigration from the EU
SMEs lack information on resource efficiency19 Mar 2014 An EU consultation has shown small firms need more information on the resource efficiency improvements available to them and help evaluating their costs
Why Britain should go beyond GHG reporting28 Nov 2013 French experience shows wider reporting requirements help linking non-financial assets and risks to companies’ overall strategies, says Coralie Ponsinet
The dangers of not fixing the ETS16 Apr 2013 Anthony Hobley of law firm Norton Rose warns that alternatives to the EU's emissions trading scheme are far less appealing to businesses
Backloading vote: an analyst’s view16 Apr 2013 MEPs' decision to block the EU executive’s proposal to ‘backload’ carbon allowance sales leaves the ETS in a precarious position, says analyst Matteo Mazzoni
Best of the web
More markets & corporate news, picked by ENDS Europe
- End coal reliance, $90bn businesses tell governments CLG
- Six organisations win EU eco-management awards EC
- Kazakhstan joins World Bank CO2 market scheme Statement
- Sixth Chinese CO2 market to launch on Wednesday China Daily
- Norway's heat pump firms breaching F-gas rules Statement (translated)
EU climate and energy proposals, 22 January
The European Commission has set out proposals on post-2020 climate and energy policy, including for a 40% decarbonisation target for 2030.
To the disappointment of the renewables sector, it proposed doing away with binding national targets for clean energy. An alternative governance system will be developed “in dialogue with member states”, José Manuel Barroso said.
Shale gas recommendations are "a good demonstration of the role the EU should play, setting cross-border rules for environment and safety, but not meddling in the basic energy mix chosen by member states,” he added.
The Commission also tabled legislation to permanently fix the supply-demand imbalance in the European carbon market.
- Mattinson Partnership: BREEAM assessor - Graduate +2 years' experience £23000 - £30000 per annum
- Ricardo-Aea: Principal/Senior Consultant - Agriculture £50000 per annum + plus bonus
- Gios Technology Limited: Business Analyst- Oil & Gas 275.00 EUR Day