Markets & Corporate<< Earlier markets & corporate articles << Earlier markets & corporate articles
Best of the web
More markets & corporate news, picked by ENDS Europe
- Lafarge makes €14m from CO2 sales in 2013 Financial report
- EIB raises €113m for NER300 in January CO2 sales Statement
- China's sixth CO2 market to open in March South China Morning Post
- Maori tribes file €365m lawsuit over New Zealand ETS Reuters
- MEPs call for environmental anti-dumping rules EP
- Low gas price helps US plastic production increase EIA.gov
- CO2 price jumps as MEPs approve backloading fast-track Bloomberg
- Poland details planned free CO2 allocations Statement (translation)
- WEEE compliance schemes form new network Press release
- FTSE mulls green company classification Financial Times
- World Bank chief calls for more carbon pricing Speech
EU climate and energy proposals, 22 January
The European Commission has set out proposals on post-2020 climate and energy policy, including for a 40% decarbonisation target for 2030.
To the disappointment of the renewables sector, it proposed doing away with binding national targets for clean energy. An alternative governance system will be developed “in dialogue with member states”, José Manuel Barroso said.
Shale gas recommendations are "a good demonstration of the role the EU should play, setting cross-border rules for environment and safety, but not meddling in the basic energy mix chosen by member states,” he added.
The Commission also tabled legislation to permanently fix the supply-demand imbalance in the European carbon market.
- Penguin Recruitment Ltd: Drainage Design Engineer- Bradford £25000 - £33000 per annum
- Connections Recruitment Ltd: Operations Manager - Netherlands - Oil & Gas 50000.00 - 70000.00 EUR Annual
- Penguin Recruitment Ltd: Occupational Hygienist and H&S Consultant - Yorkshire £27000 - £33000 per annum + pension, health cover,