Latest Pollution & Nature News
Nitrate levels in France stable but rising in some areas23 May 2013 The data published by the environment ministry's statistics office this month shows that average concentrations in 2011 were 23 milligrams per litre
Spanish capital refused more time to meet NO2 limits23 May 2013 Madrid will not be given more time to comply with EU air quality standards for nitrogen dioxide (NO2), the European Commission decided this week
EU considers launching industrial disaster fund22 May 2013 A report commissioned by DG Environment looks at the feasibility of implementing Hungary's proposal for an EU Industrial Disaster Risk-Sharing Facility
Is EU water policy fit for purpose?19 Jul 2011
The water policy's Fitness Check conducted by the European Commission will assess the effectiveness of existing laws and identify possible gaps or inconsistencies that need to be dealt with as part of next year's Blueprint to safeguard EU waters.
Old oil rigs facing more regulation in the EU25 Oct 2010
Aftershocks from the BP-Macondo oil rig blowout are still making waves as European and US regulators review existing legislation on several fronts, from offshore safety standards, to deep sea drilling and end-of-life infrastructure.
The full cost of environmental liability22 Jul 2010
With the implementation of the EU’s 2004 Environmental Liability Directive (ELD) there comes a need to reconsider the scope of environmental damage events that could give rise to liability, and to consider the potential scale of damage that could be caused.
Best of the web
More pollution & nature news, picked by ENDS Europe
- Consultation on exemptions from environmental state aid rules EC
- CFP reform talks enter final phase, discards ban likely Irish presidency
- Member states take stock of CAP reform negotiations Irish presidency
- Turfcutters continue to defy habitat protection law Irish Examiner
- Switzerland to follow EU on neonicotinoid ban SwissInfo.ch
- Scotland introduces wind farm planning restrictions Government
- CAP reform on course, says Irish agriculture minister Irish ministry
- US EPA criticises Keystone pipeline review Huffington Post
- Samsung tackles tin mine pollution following NGO campaign yubanet
ENDS Europe is seeking your thoughts on our service and how it might be improved
The online survey, which takes just a few minutes to fill in, will close on Thursday 6 June
Each participant will have a chance to win an Amazon Kindle in a prize draw