Latest Transport News
NOx from new Euro VI vehicles varies - study11 Jul 2014 Lorries used for long-distance journeys emit fewer emissions than buses and vehicles used for distributing goods in urban areas, the Dutch study finds
German EPA criticises Dobrindt’s road toll plan10 Jul 2014 The environment agency says the plan fails to take mileage into account and revenues should also be used to renew Germany’s rail network
Maritime sulphur compliance group launched7 Jul 2014 The group aims to maintain a level playing field in the shipping sector by making sure all companies comply with the 0.1% limit applying from 2015
Slow progress towards lorry emission controls30 Apr 2014 The upcoming strategy to cut CO2 from HDVs is unlikely to recommend much more than emissions monitoring and reporting, finds Roz Bulleid
Weighing up the options on ships' CO21 Oct 2012 While the EU is planning measures to reduce shipping emissions, Gareth Simkins finds that the sector is starting to introduce cleaner technologies
Can the EU sail through the aviation storm?3 Aug 2011
Europe faces growing opposition to its inclusion of foreign airlines in the EU emissions trading scheme (ETS). Roz Bulleid considers whether an exemption for countries with "equivalent measures" could provide a solution.
Best of the web
More transport news, picked by ENDS Europe
- China makes electric cars tax-free The Guardian
- Electric car sales booming in Norway Independent
- Madrid to charge polluting cars more for parking Guardian
- Germany levies €2.7m ETS fines on non-compliant airlines Bloomberg
- Swedish biofuel use up 24% in 2013 Statement (translated)
2030 energy efficiency target
EU energy commissioner Günther Oettinger presented the executive’s proposal of a 30% energy saving target for 2030 on 24 July.
Mr Oettinger believes there is a good chance the European Council will back the goal in October, along with CO2 reduction and renewables targets.
The Council must also decide whether the target should be legally binding as the Commission document is silent on this issue.
- The Natural Power Consultants Limited : Wind Asset Analyst Dependent on experience
- The Natural Power Consultants Limited : Wind Farm Manager Dependent on experience
- Mattinson Partnership: Energy Technical Solutions Manager Competitive