Latest Transport News
EU set to miss renewables goal for transport23 Apr 2014 The EU is likely to achieve only 8.7% renewable energy in transport by 2020, short of its 10% target, the European Commission’s research arm estimates
MEPs wrap up their business in busy final plenary16 Apr 2014 The Parliament is working its way through a packed agenda in its final plenary session, with more than a dozen environment-related votes scheduled
Report highlights failure of Poland’s biofuels plan15 Apr 2014 The use of biofuels in transport and agriculture in Poland remains negligible despite close to €1bn worth of tax breaks and other incentives, say auditors
Weighing up the options on ships' CO21 Oct 2012 While the EU is planning measures to reduce shipping emissions, Gareth Simkins finds that the sector is starting to introduce cleaner technologies
Can the EU sail through the aviation storm?3 Aug 2011
Europe faces growing opposition to its inclusion of foreign airlines in the EU emissions trading scheme (ETS). Roz Bulleid considers whether an exemption for countries with "equivalent measures" could provide a solution.
Green biofuel schemes ready to hit the road15 Apr 2011
A certification scheme developed by the Roundtable on Sustainable Biofuels hopes to be one of the first to get EU backing. The scheme sets ambitious rules but some believe it does not go far enough, particularly on indirect land use change.
Best of the web
More transport news, picked by ENDS Europe
- Transport committee backs airport noise deal European Parliament
- US launches $4.2m clean diesel grant fund for ports Statement
- CO2 from new Mercedes-Benz cars down 4% in 2013 Statement
- Parliament backs car noise deal EP
- ETS exemption for long-haul flights approved by EU Parliament Statement
- Member state diplomats approve clean fuels agreement EU Presidency
- Council adopts rules on CO2 target for car makers Press release
- Member state diplomats approve aviation ETS deal EU presidency
- Tesla plans EU e-car sales, charge point expansion Silicon Republic
- UNECE adopts more accurate fuel efficiency test Statement
European Parliament plenary, 14-17 April
Four weeks from polling day, the EPP and S&D both look set to take over 200 seats in the 751-seat Parliament, with the EPP in the lead.
NGOs hope the electorate will pay close attention to political groups' voting records on climate issues during the current term.
- The Landscape Partnership: Experienced Senior Environmental Planner Dependent on Experience
- Fusion People.: Principal Environmental Consultant £35000.00 - £47000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
- Peritus Green: Geoenvironmental Scientist - East Midlands £25,000 - £27,000