Transport<< Earlier transport articles << Earlier transport articles
Best of the web
More transport news, picked by ENDS Europe
- China makes electric cars tax-free The Guardian
- Electric car sales booming in Norway Independent
- Madrid to charge polluting cars more for parking Guardian
- Germany levies €2.7m ETS fines on non-compliant airlines Bloomberg
- Swedish biofuel use up 24% in 2013 Statement (translated)
- Transport committee backs airport noise deal European Parliament
- US launches $4.2m clean diesel grant fund for ports Statement
- CO2 from new Mercedes-Benz cars down 4% in 2013 Statement
2030 energy efficiency target
EU energy commissioner Günther Oettinger presented the executive’s proposal of a 30% energy saving target for 2030 on 24 July.
Mr Oettinger believes there is a good chance the European Council will back the goal in October, along with CO2 reduction and renewables targets.
Member states must also decide whether the target should be legally binding as the Commission document is silent on this issue.
- Penguin Recruitment Ltd: Environmental Monitoring Technician - Cambridge £16000 - £20000 per annum
- Urs Infrastructure & Environment Uk Limited: Project Manager Competitive
- Urs Infrastructure & Environment Uk Limited: Environmental Consultant Competitive