Transport<< Earlier transport articles << Earlier transport articles
Best of the web
More transport news, picked by ENDS Europe
- EC calls for transport infrastructure project proposals Statement
- Airline CEO welcomes 'positive pressure' of CO2 pricing World Bank
- Italian parliament backs tougher ship SO2 rules IHS Maritime 360
- China makes electric cars tax-free The Guardian
- Electric car sales booming in Norway Independent
2030 energy efficiency target
EU energy commissioner Günther Oettinger presented the executive’s proposal of a 30% energy saving target for 2030 on 24 July.
Mr Oettinger believes there is a good chance the European Council will back the goal in October, along with CO2 reduction and renewables targets.
Member states must also decide whether the target should be legally binding as the Commission document is silent on this issue.